4.16.2010

What's wrong with THAT ad?

All right, I know, it's not fair to criticize the Comunidad de Madrid's advertisement without analyzing it and explaining why it sounds stupid to an English speaker. I could try...but there's an article in EL PAÍS that explains it better than I could: http://tinyurl.com/y2m66jn.

And this gives me an idea for my next entry: the difference between transitive and intransitive verbs. Yes, this IS important -- especially when you have to learn phrasal verbs.

In the meantime, if you'd like to file a complaint about the advertisement, you can contact the Media Planning Group's office in Madrid at (91) 456-9000, or send a fax to the Comunidad de Madrid's Consejeria de Educación at (91) 720-1302.

Get up! Stand up!
Stand up for your rights!!
(Bob Marley)

No comments: