4.30.2010

(Good) American food

Since food is such a part of anyone's culture, I guess it's natural that students are curious about food. They're especially curious when it comes to American and Canadian food, since they know that what they see in the movies probably isn't real.

I'm still trying to find a website that would provide information about "real", "authentic" food from Canada and New Zealand. I thought that this link would provide some interesting insights into cooking from the American south - which seems to have more tradition than other areas of the US (where "ethnic" cooking is really influenced by immigration.)

I don't know if I would actually try to make any of these, but they're fun to look at....

http://www.theatlantic.com/food/archive/2010/04/when-the-stakes-are-high-eat-southern/39706/

No comments: