4.29.2011

Practice, not study: Mar's ideas

Mar and I were having class yesterday in the Parque del Oeste, and the topic came up about study versus practice. Here's what she does when she wants to work on her English, but doesn't have time to get study in....

- Washing dishes: What are these things called? What adjectives can you use to describe utensils, pots and pans?
- Cleaning around the house: What prepositions and adverbs do you need to describe location and movement? What are the machines called? How do you spell the names of the machines?
- Grocery shopping: What are the English words that describe the groceries that you usually buy every week? Which ones are countable, and which ones are uncountable?

Remember: Study is fine as long as you're disciplined enough to do it. Most of us benefit from regular, steady consistent practice. Five minutes, twice a day, every day will help you more than one hour of staring at a grammar book!

1 comment:

mar said...

Hi, Dawn, this is Mar :D
Yesterday evening, I made a list of those things (things I see or do in my day), I looked for then in the merriam webster to hear its pronunciation.
I think it is a good idea what you´re saying and I ´ll try :D
See you later.